STRIDER ST-3 No-Pedal Balance Bike
- Pedal-less balance bike with lightweight and durable steel frame and puncture-proof all-terrain tires
- Teaches balance and coordination while developing confidence for pedal biking
- Launch Pad footrests for gliding and learning advanced riding skills
- Adjustable handlebar and seat height; small toddler-size grips
- Designed for children aged from 1 to 5 years old; 1-year warranty
STRIDER ST-3 No-Pedal Balance Bike
If your toddler can walk, a STRIDER No-Pedal Balance Bike will get him or her cruising over dirt, grass, and pavement with ease. Designed to be steady, stable, and safe, the STRIDER ST-3 bike is perfect for children from 18 months to 5 years old.
A fun way to learn two-wheel balance
The STRIDER bike takes pedaling out of the mix of biking so that kids can concentrate solely on learning two-wheel balance. Unlike tricycles and bikes with training wheels, the STRIDER allows children to find the glide and balance of biking first--so that they have more confidence when presented with a pedaled bike.
A safe way to learn
The STRIDER allows children to experience two wheeled biking independently and at their own pace. Tricycles tip over, scrape ankles, and are difficult to pedal. Bicycles with training wheels are tall, heavy, and can be unstable for young riders. The STRIDER is about 1/3 the weight of a typical 12-inch bike with training wheels, and is free from any cables, chains, sprockets, pedals or protrusions that can harm your child.
An intuitive learning process
Kids begin by straddling the bike, leaning on the handle bars and walking it forward. When ready, they can run the bike forward, gaining the speed and momentum required for balance. Finally, kids lift their feet and glide freely. At the first feeling of instability, your child will instinctively place both feet securely on the ground--so there are no "tricycle tip-overs" or "training-wheel wobbles" that stir-up a fear, hesitancy, or dislike of bike riding.
- Weight: 6.4 pounds
- Seat height: 11 to 16 inches
- Quick clamps on handlebar and saddle
- 12-inch molded wheels
- Never flat EVA polymer tires
- Durable welded steel frame and handlebars
- Warranty: 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects
Built just right for growing toddlers
When it comes to toddlers, weight and fit are critical. Quick releases on the handlebars and seat make it a snap to adjust for a growing child. The bike's adjustable seat height starts at 11 inches from the ground providing a low center of gravity so that children as young as one year old can maneuver the bike and have fun learning balance. Control is further enhanced with a low and flat handlebar design so that kids can reach forward rather than up, for better leverage and maneuverability. And, as your child becomes more confident, the STRIDER's integrated foot rests provide a place for both feet to sit while they coast along.
- Ultralight One-Piece Molded Wheel: Strong, light, one piece design with proven no-flat EVA Polymer tire.
- Mini-Grip Handlebar and Mini-Handgrips: 43% Smaller diameter than standard grips to better fit a toddler’s small hands.
- Handlebar Pad: Adds extra protection and cool motocross styling.
- Mini-Saddle on 220-millimeter Seat Post: Smaller, narrower and lighter than a typical saddle to better fit a toddler’s tiny hip spacing.
- Quick-Clamps on Seat and Handlebar: Easy, no-tool assembly and adjustment makes life easy for parents and insures proper fit for a growing child.
- Patented LAUNCHPAD Footrests: Uniquely integrated into frame and positioned to allow development of advanced riding skills.
Please note: If your child is 3 1/2 years old or older, STRIDER recommends purchasing the Extra Long Seat post in addition to the standard seat post included with the STRIDER.
- ASIN: B004Q2YM5C
- Item model number: ST-3